FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $100 AUSTRALIA WIDE!
PH: 1300 MC SUPP
Fat loss is one of the most common yet difficult goals to achieve and maintain. It’s easy to get caught up in the newest craze and fat loss fads, but sometimes its best to go back to the basics and keep it simple.
Little things really do add up when it comes to losing that unwanted body fat. Its all good and well to focus on the big areas of importance such as nutrition, resistance training and various forms of cardio; and while these remain the fundamentals, there are a few simple tricks we can introduce into our lifestyles that don’t require more effort or time, they simply allow you to optimize and better use the time you do have. They are simple and easy to implement, so give them a try, these little things will add up over time, creating small changes that will equate to better, more sustainable fat loss results. Say goodbye to those love handles!
1. Move more: This can be done in so many ways- Standing up at your desk, going for a walk after eating during your lunch break, taking the stairs and not the elevator or even setting yourself a ‘steps per day’ goal now that it has become so easy to track. Just moving a little more will help burn a few extra calories, as well as reduce cortisol and stress levels in your body. You will find it also keeps your body limber and feeling rejuvenated.
2. Increase training intensity: This doesn’t mean you have to spend hours in the gym, in fact, it almost means the opposite. Try to move around and remain active between your sets, leave the phone in your locker and try not to sit still for too long while you’re working out, its simple and takes no extra time. Keeping your body moving will keep your heart rate slightly elevated and prevent your body from cooling down. The result, improved gym performance and more calories burned – Win win!
3. Stay Hydrated: We all know how important water is, and yet it seems to be so overlooked. Drinking plenty of water will not only keep you hydrated and feeling good but also improve your body’s ability to mobilise fat and regulate appetite, putting you in the ideal state for fat burning.
4. Sleep: Sleeping, like water, is often one of the things we let slip. But the importance of sleep is so far beyond what most people give it credit for. Not only will more sleep allow optimal recovery and rest but it will also reduce inflammation and stress that keep cortisol levels elevated. Less sleep will often lead to extra eating, meaning more calories that your probably didn’t really need to eat- Be sure to rest up and give your body the time it needs to repair itself.
5. Eat more Protein: Having an adequate/high protein intake is essential for repairing, recovering and building lean muscle tissue. More muscle mass equals more fat burned. Protein will help to keep you feeling satisfied with the food you have consumed, preventing cravings and over eating. Protein as a macronutrient will also have a thermogenic affect on the body, allowing you to burn more body fat.
6. Eat more Fiber: Don’t neglect your fiber intake, search for rich, fibrous and nutritious source of food and be sure to get those high fiber foods into your diet. Fiber will help you to feel full, improve digestion and aid in optimal gut function.
7. Sit down to eat: Yes, sit, enjoy the food and make it ceremonial. This may sound odd, but eating on the run or while standing up doesn’t allow out gut to receive optimal amounts of blood flow for good digestion. Taking the time to enjoy your food, eat slowly and appreciate what you have will improve digestion, assimilation of nutrients and also improve satiety. Mentally it’s a lot more enjoyable as well.
8. Reduce Stress: Stress plays a massive role in the state of our body, from metal alertness to physical appearance. It hinders cellular repair, recovery, sleep, and immune function, putting your body in a state of survival and in turn, a state of fat storage. It’s a tough one to fix but attempt to keep your stress levels under control, you will feel much better and your body will regain the ability to burn fat and function optimally.
9. Incorporate Supplementation: We know that there is no magic pill, so don’t believe supplements can replace effort and constancy. However, selecting the right supplements and using them in conjunction with a good diet and training regime can potentially yield great results and enhance fat loss. Supplements can help to elevate thermogenesis, give you a cognitive boost while controlling hunger and cravings. These little things really add up over time and enhance your fat loss results.
10. Stay positive, be happy and have fun! If you don’t enjoy the process and it doesn’t seem like a sustainable protocol you can live by for the rest of your life, you cannot maintain your results, nor can you enjoy the results you do achieve. Find things that work for you and your body, things that you can sustain and enjoy. Keep a positive mindset and be happy, these are not only the fundamentals of fat loss but also the fundamentals of a happy and healthy life.
Author Glen George from our Blackburn store. Please email us email@example.com or chat to us on Facebook at any time if you have any questions in regards to your goals. We’re always happy to help!